You do not need anything really to practice Wicca. You can find all of the elements you need right in nature, but when you become more deep in the spells and traditions you may find that you want to bring elements from new age stores into your practices. I know that I prefer that.
- Blue Berry- keep unwanted influences away from your home and property.
- Blue Roses- This is used to honor the Goddess in all her aspects.
- Carnations -Traditional sent used for healing.
- Cherry -Attract love.
- Cinnamon-Wealth and success.
- Coconut-Purification and Protection
- Copal- Utilized in honoring the Gods.
- Frangipani- Used to encourage Friendship
- Frankincense -Call on the energy of the sun to create sacred space, consecrate objects, and stimulate positive vibrations.
- Honeysuckle- Psychic power, Health, and Good Luck.
- Jasmine -For luck regarding love.
- Lotus -Peace and Harmony. I use it sometimes during meditation to clear and open my mind’s eye.
- Musk- Sensual Passion.
- Myrrh -Protection, healing, spirituality, and purification.
- Passionflower -Aids in sleep, and calms.
- Patchouli -Used for attraction spells.
- Pine- Strength.
- Rose- Love magic, and to return calm energies to the home.
- Sandalwood -All purpose.
- Spice -Used for anything magical practices.
- Spirit- Use this to raise your personal vibration, attract spirit guides and honor your personal deity.
- Strawberry -Friendship, Love, and Luck.
- Tangerine- Prosperity.
- Temple -Used to devote a ritual to the God and Goddess.
- Vanilla -Increase Memory.
An affiliate link for a incense kit to help support this site: http://amzn.to/1T915Us
The use of candles in magic is one of the oldest traditions in Wicca. Personally, candles are my favorite item to utilize when doing spells or rituals. Here is a list of candles and their meanings.
- White- Balances with every color. Healing, truth, peace, spiritual, strength, concentration, getting rid of fear and doubt.
- Yellow- Activity, Creativity, Sun Energy, Happiness, Self Confidence, Attraction, Charm, Intellect, and Optimism.
- Gold- Money, Happiness, and Intuition.
- Pink- Friendship, Romance, and Love
- Red- Passion, Health, Love, Strength, Courage, and Will Power.
- Silver- Protection from negative powers, Courage, Moon magic, and Welcomes the moon goddess.
- Purple-Strength, Success, Idealism, Healing, Independence, Meditation, and Protecting your house.
- Brown-Healing animals, Finding lost items, Concentration, and Financial Success.
- Indigo- Used to break curses.
- Light Blue- Wisdom, Harmony, Inner Peace, Prosperity, Success, and Happiness.
- Blue-Peace, Wisdom, Protection during sleep, Peace in the house, and Inner Peace.
- Grey- Neutralizes negative feelings from other people towards you.
- Black- Protection from, and banishment of black magic curses.
- Orange- Encouragement, Support to do things.
Assorted Candles affiliate link to help support this site: http://amzn.to/1T917eZ
The best candles to use are those that are home made. They have more energy than machine made.
*A tip that I like to use frequently, especially with store bought candles, is carving symbols into them. I find it helps me focus on what my goals are and visualizing them being achieved. These carvings will empower them with more energy that is directed to what your using them for.
- All Spice- Prosperity, good luck, and Healing.
- Almond-Healing, Love, Money.
- Apple-Love spells, peaceful beginnings & Health.
- Basil- Protection in business, prosperity & loving relationships.
- Bay Laurel-Strength, Healing, Prosperity.
- Chamomile-Relaxation and Sleep.
- Cinnamon-Good for lust, success, & money. I recommend you use it in all love spells.
- Clove-Calming, Healing, Protection.
- Cumin- Loyalty and Protection.
- Garlic-Protection for the home. Aids in healing.
- Ginger- Love and prosperity.
- Green Tea– Drink for its Longevity & healing qualities.
- Frankincense- Purification, meditative and protection.
- Jasmine-Love, & prosperity.
- Lavendar- -Healing, sleep, purification & love.
- Lemon-Purification, love & happiness.
- Mugwort- Protection during travel, healing and strength.
- Myrrh-Meditation, purification & protection.
- Parsley- Lust & fertility, prosperity & protection.
- Patchouli-Love & Lust, Psychic work & Prosperity.
- Rose-Love, marriage, lust, fertility & protection.
- Rosemary-Memory Improvement, healing, love, protection and mental strength.
- Sage- health & comfort.
- Salt- Purification, protection, & strength.
- Vervain- Inspiration, Creativity, Protection, Divination, Love, and Protection
Here are affiliate links to help support this site: